Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carissa's Derby Box

So, Carissa had an assignment this week to make a Derby box float for their parade tomorrow at school. I think I went through 3 shoeboxes before finally deciding on what to do. Rob helped greatly too. I tried putting her barbie car underneath so it would have more movement with wheels but it wouldn't work. After some tears, we decided no wheels and she would just have to drag the thing a little harder. I bought her some supplies this morning after gym and work and she pretty much did it herself. I helped with some of the foil and tape and of course, gave a small amount of advice so it wouldn't too look cheesy. But, all in all, I think she did great. She's very proud of it and must tell Mrs. Hill she loves her on anything she can. What a great teacher she's been this year!

On a side note, I will be having some of my gums numbed tomorrow due to sensitivity before they can clean them. I'm so stinking scared that it's ridiculous. It's actually ruined my sleep today and I can't get it out of my mind. Please pray for me!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Yay! Carissa. You did a great job. Have fun at the parade.

Teresa