Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dentist is OVER!

Okay, I must be silly here and I apologize for those in my ABF that already read my update to my prayer request.

It's finally over for another 6 months. What? Can't I wait until 7 years? Just kidding. Now that I have dental insurance, I have to take advantage of it.

It actually went well. I thought I was going to have shots to numb sensitive areas of my gums but when they forgot, I didn't remind them and decided to brave it out instead of saying something. Maybe that was an answered prayer because it didn't hurt too too terribly. Well, okay, it wasn't pleasant. But, again, it's over for now. I had a tad bit of gingivitus (after 7 years, that's all?) so they had to use the old sander as I like to call it and then put a thick coverage of varnish on that feels like I'm sucking on cotton swabs. I can't really do anything with my teeth for 4-6 hours. Lucky for me I'm going to be until 4 or so. I will say that on a few occasions, I thought the "sanding" on the sensitive gums were going to either: 1) send me off the back of the chair into the hygienst lap or 2) cause me to pull the arm rests off. But, lucky for them (and me) I did neither. I just felt my head push into the head piece and my hands grab the arm rests. Like I said though, it's over for now.

The next thing is taking Carissa in a few weeks and persuade Rob it's his turn! HEE HEE

No comments: