Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Leva-What???

Well, the new antiobiotic (Levaquin 500 mg) has really messed me up! Yes, as of Monday, I was still sick and the other antibiotic wasn't working. Well, let me just tell you - maybe I shouldn't have called the doc again to get another one. I read over the 3 page insert they print off for you about the drug and the side effects and drugs not to mix, etc. I think each and every side effect went with this one. I noticed the "may cause dizzyness" so I decided to wait and take it when I got home from work yesterday. BIG MISTAKE! I took it say around 5am and then drank 8oz of water with it, like it said. I finally made it to bed around 5:30am. So, let's begin. By 10am, I had to pee 7 times. I couldn't relax long enough to fall into a deep sleep BUT when I did finally drift off somewhat, my dreams were WEIRD! In one dream, I lived in an apartment each day until 9:30am and then another family moved in the rest of the day. Now, if I chose to stay in and not go out, they couldn't move in. Another dream put me going around a maze of fast food restaurants, which could have been fine except it was the same maze, the same restaurants and I would stop at the same one each time over and over and over and over.... Another one, I had all these stairs to climb down to go through to get to different work areas and large spiders were in webs over top so I couldn't go through them. Another one, I cleaned tables on the same porches over and over and sat people on them. The best one is the one where I had a piles of rocks or beads or something that I was trying to coat with different liquids and I couldn't seem to get it done because the beads/rocks kept disappearing. Oh - it gets better. I would wake up after each dream and I felt like I wasn't real. My room seemed strange. Carissa seemed like a mannequin in the bed and when she moved I kept thinking of snakes. I finally had to get up at 10am and find Rob. I was freaked out after hours of this! He tried to calm me down but I was acting so strange telling him these dreams and slurring my speech! He suggested getting something else to drink and going back to bed. I grabbed something, drank it and tried to go back to bed. By noon, I was done with it and got up. I tried taking another nap in the afternoon but couldn't relax long enough to fall asleep deep and when I did finally drift off, Carissa woke me up! So, I've been going on about 4 hours of sleep. I decided to take the medicine after dinner instead because they think I'm "fruit loops" anyway at work and if I did start hallucinating, at least I'd be awake and not trying to sleep! I made it through the night at work and now I'm going to attempt to get some real sleep. I hope this stuff is worn off enough to accomplish that! Now, just to make it until this stuff is gone next Wednesday.............

No comments: