Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our Anniversary Was Awesome!

Our 16th wedding anniversary was AWESOME on Friday! I started it with a cutesy, romantic little note that I left Rob on the kitchen counter when I got home from work that he would get when I was still sleeping. AWWWWW!

Ruth Chris was memorable, to say the least! Rob and I had several good chuckles about the formal setting and being called "Mr & Mrs Allen" all night by the waiters. I didn't know that by filling out "special occasion" and "anniversary" on the online reservation form would initiate such gestures! They pulled out my chair for me and even gave me a black cloth napkin instead of white so I wouldn't get lint on my black pants! They all said "Happy Anniversary" to us all night long and we even got a FREE dessert which was yummy! We knew it would be a lot ($37 per steak to name one item) and our bill came to $98 (thank goodness for the the $100 gift certificate)! We had to pay $.01 to charge the tip. We had to do that because the service was impeccable! I'd have to say their steaks and broccoli au gratin were undeniably delicious too! Yes, I pretty much ate ALL of my honkin' steak (Rob finished it!). Wouldn't you for $37? Even the fat was tasty!

Rob and I just felt like rednecks in this atmosphere. Okay, we don't have flowers growing out of tires, toilet seats or even metal "flowerbeds" in our yard but even so, this was way out of our league. We thank the Workmans for giving us this gift certificate back in 2001 (which they never expire at Ruth Chris)! They got some pretty big laughs tonight when we told them we had finally used it! After dinner, we leisurely walked around the top of the building and checked out the views. It was great untilI put my hand in dry bird poop! Okay, laugh all you want. This is me, you know! At least, I didn't leave the restaurant with the only stain! A piece of Rob's juicy steak dropped off his fork and landed in the hot butter (that's drenched on the steak) and splattered on his shirt. I, on the other hand, didn't make a mess until the ice cream fell on my sweater at the end of the meal! HAHA

Anyway, it was definately an experience we will never forget! We're still laughing and cherishing our night together!

No comments: