Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Can't Wait Until Friday!

On Friday, Rob and I will celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary! I just can't believe it's already been that long. The first year was tough (and I mean tough) with everything we went through with my parents but each year gets better and better!

When I look back on all the different phases our marriage has been through, I'm thankful to God for leading us. We've lived in 4 different cities and we've actually moved 8 times. We've both had numerous jobs. We've seen the Bahamas together and Florida many times on various vacations. We've been in church, out of church and back into church again. We've been through many kidneystones, surgeries and illnesses. We've seen many friends come and go through ministry opportunities. The list could go and on.

Two of the best things we've done together are becoming involved in church again and ABF (adult bible fellowship) ministry and having our daughter. Both took years to take place, but were so worth it. We've grown so much through both experiences. I firmly believe that all the events that took place up until now are keeping us grounded through this rough patch of my working 3rd shift and the stress it places on a family and marriage. We still continue to work together to keep our marriage alive and healthy.

We will celebrate by using a $100 giftcard from Ruth Chris Steakhouse that we've had since 2001. (Some close friends gave it to us probably hoping that we'd use it before now!) I took the night off from work, Carissa is going to the grandparents and we are going to have a relaxing evening together. I can't wait to celebrate this awesome milestone with my hubby!

2 comments:

The Barhams said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!!!! That is a real testimony as to what God can do for us if we trust Him. 16 years, WOW, you must have gotten married when you were 5, huh? You're just 21, right? Have a great time! I'm proud of you both for making married life work and work well...a shining example of what it is supposed to look like. We're blessed to have you in our lives!! Love, The Barhams

Nathan Kochis said...

Hi Mandi & Rob!!
I remember that wonderful day 16 years ago! You were both so excited and ready to start your lives together-- and so in love, as I remember... :) I always thought you two were made for each other... I know from experience (almost 15 years for us!) that marriage isn't easy but so worth it as you grow together in love and commitment and friendship over the years thru anything and everything that comes your way! I hope you had an awesome time at celebrating on your anniversary!! I hope the next 16 are even better than the 1st! :)
Thanks for sending me the link for your blog! Hopefully we can stay in touch more this way!! :)
take care and God bless~
Melissa