Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Much Needed Ramblings From A Tired Mind

Anyone else ever feel "blah"? I don't know what you are thinking but I sure feel like this alot lately. I told Rob after dinner tonight that I didn't even think I had enough energy to clean the kitchen. For those of you that know me, that's something I take seriously and do daily. He wanted me to leave it for him but he's tired too. So, I pushed myself and cleaned it up.

It's a quiet evening around here now. I like evenings like this. Rob is playing some much needed Playstation that he hasn't played in months. Carissa is coloring and watching some cartoons. I'm trying to get a grocery list together but am finding everything else but that to do. I mainly find myself sitting here at Rob's desk staring at Cold Case Files on the tube and not really even soaking that in.

I think alot on the way to work and on the way home about how God works around me and even in my own life. Rob reminds me constantly that this is only a season. I have to tell myself that each night when I prepare to go to work while they are snuggled in their warm beds sleeping. I made a comittment to Rob to work for health insurance and at this time this job is the best for us so that I can be available for Carissa's school activities and her sick days, etc. It's worked out real well this year. I've been able to attend several of her school activites and even work in the uniform closet there. I'm so thankful for this much involvement in her Kindergarten year. God has truly worked all those details out. Despite not seeing much of each other during the day, we make up for it in the evenings and the weekends. Our main priority is church attendance. Not a week goes by where we aren't there in fellowship with other believers and developing friendships. I truly believe that Sundays give me the strength to get through each week. I don't know what I would ever do without that. Another priority for us is eating dinner together each night. That is a must - even if it's at Fiesta Time! We talk and really love on one another during that time. We need this to keep communication open and keep our relationships alive. When I go to work each night (or morning - haha), I know my marriage is healthy and my relationship with my daughter is firm. We may not get to do as much together as we used to and that's okay for now. God is giving us these little "envelopes of time" where we can truly spend some time together doing what is important.

I know I've rambled tonight and I will slightly apologize for that. When you're tired and have a mind filled with "stuff to do", it can happen. Sometimes I just have to sit down, breathe and take it all in.

1 comment:

Traci and Don said...

Let me just say that despite your fatigue your the best VBS set building buddy a family could have! Rob, you and Carissa rock!!!